The true goal of parasite control in horses is to limit parasite infections so animals remain healthy and clinical illness does not develop.
Red Hills Veterinary Hospital Recommends the Following Paste Deworming Protocol:
- January — Equimax (Ivermectin/Praziquantel combination)
- March — Strongid Paste (pyrantal pamoate)
- May — Moxidectin (Quest), Not recommended for use in miniature horses, ponies or foals.
- July — Eqvalan (Ivermectin)
- September — Equimax (Ivermectin/Praziquantel combination)
- November — Moxidectin (Quest) Not recommended for use in miniature horses, ponies or foals. Use Eqvalen (Ivermectin)
** If you have a miniature horse, pony or foal do not use Moxidectin. We recommend using Eqvalen (Ivermectin) in its place.